This savory omelette is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner! If you aren’t familiar with the French omelette, it’s a very soft cooked rolled omelette with no brown on the outside and lots of butter. I will be cooking this omelette a little more well done than a traditional French omelette, but feel free to adjust the cooking time to suit your tastes. This omelette is wonderfully decadent but still feels light enough for brunch!
First, start off by melting 1 1/2 tbsp. of butter in a medium size nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Beat two eggs in a bowl with salt until they are well incorporated and a uniform yellow color. You don’t want to whisk the eggs as that will add in too much air, you just want to mix the eggs thoroughly.
Next, pour your eggs into the pool of melted butter in your skillet. Grab a fork and mix the butter and eggs together by doing a figure eight motion in the skillet for 30 seconds. Once the eggs and butter are mixed, cover and cook for four minutes on medium-low.
After the omelette cooks for four minutes, it’ll be ready to flip. Add your toppings to one side of the omelette, making sure not to get too close to the edges. In the below picture I’ve sprinkled the inside of the omelette with parsley and cracked pepper, then added the blue cheese and bacon to one side only.
Take a spatula and gently slide it under the edges of your omelette, making sure nothing is sticking to the bottom of the pan. Gently begin rolling your omelette, starting with the side that has the toppings. I like to tilt my skillet downward on the side with the toppings, so the omelette starts sliding toward the wall of the skillet, making it easier to roll. Once the omelette is fully rolled, leave it in the skillet for another minute or two so the filling melts. Remove from heat and enjoy immediately!
Bacon and Blue Cheese French Omelette
Ingredients for (1) serving:
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp. crumbled Blue Cheese
- 2 tbsp. cooked crumbled Bacon
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- Parsley (Optional)
- Chives (Optional)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Whisk two eggs and salt in a bowl until well mixed and a uniform yellow color.
- Pour the eggs into the pool of melted butter in your skillet. Grab a fork and mix the butter and eggs together by doing a figure eight motion in the skillet for 30 seconds. Once the eggs and butter are mixed, cover and cook for four minutes.
- Uncover eggs and add toppings to one side only, making sure not to get too close to the edges of the omelette. Take a spatula and slide it underneath the edges of the eggs, making sure nothing is sticking to the pan.
- Begin to roll your omelette, starting with the toppings side, until completely rolled up. Leave the rolled omelette in the skillet for a minute or two to allow the cheese to melt. Remove from heat, slide onto a plate and sprinkle with chives, and serve immediately!